Chocolate is certainly the most popular treat around the world. Each year around 7.2 million metric tons is consumed worldwide accounting for a 13.94 Billion Dollar Market worldwide.
It is safe to say that there is no other alternative as chocolicious as chocolate.
Chocolate has been a great delicacy throughout our history , Napoleon always used to carry chocolate with him as a energy booster
Here are some fun facts about your favorite chocolate, Did you know
- The Latin name for cacao tree is Theobroma cacao which means “Food of the gods”
- The origin of world chocolate actually comes from an Aztec word “xocolatl” which means a bitter-tasting drink brewed from cocoa beans.
- It takes 400 cocoa beans to make one pound of chocolate.
- A cacao tree produces approximately 2,500 beans and it takes around 880 cocoa beans to make one Kg of chocolate
- Cacao beans were also used as currency in many regions
- It takes about 4-5 years for the cocoa tree to produce their first beans
- White chocolate is not actually chocolate it does not contain cocoa powder
- Chocolate bar was not the first chocolate treat, Hot chocolate was the first. The first chocolate bar was actually made in England in 1842.
- July 7 is Chocolate Day
- Yes, Cocoa and Cacao are the same thing
- The cacao trees can actually live up to 200 years but they produce the beans for only 25 years during their lifespan.
- The largest consumer of chocolate worldwide is Switzerland
Now let’s get to the list all you chocoholics want to know about
The 15 most expensive chocolate in the world-2020
#1 La Chuorsa by Attimo Chocolate (Current World Record Holder)
- This chocolicious delicacy costs around 7694 USD/Kg
- A 80 gram bar will cost you around 658 USD
- This most expensive chocolate in India will cost you 5,92,169 Rs/Kg or 50,170 Rs a bar
- The chocolate holds the current record of the most expensive
chocolate in the world. The record was registered on 31 October 2019
- The ingredients include saffron grown in the Swiss village Mund, crystallized orange crisps, and 68% Chuao chocolate from Venezuela.
- The box says
“Emotions define human beings. Flavor defines our chocolate. Combine both and taste the emotions”
- Attimo specializes in creating personalized chocolate products for companies from different industries with 6 exceptional flavors and 4 premium design
#2 Fabelle Trinity Truffles Extraordinaire-Owned by Indian company ITC
- The chocolate is priced at 5546 USD/Kg
- This experience is encased in a hand-made wooden box, containing 15 truffles weighing 15 grams each. The custom order box is available at around 1299 USD
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you 4.3 Lakhs/Kg and the box would cost you around 1 Lakh Rupees.
- The chocolate is available in the following three variants
- First variant contains toasted coconut ganache infused with Tahitian vanilla beans.
- The second variant is a blend of Ghana dark chocolate and Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee.
- The third and last variant includes St Dominique dark chocolate sourced from the ‘extreme west’.
- The Chocolate is owned by the Indian Multinational Conglomerate Company ITC’s brand Fabelle Exquisite Chocolates.
- This is the previous world record holder of the world’s most expensive chocolate interestingly in the same month as the current world record on 22nd October 2019.
#3 Fritz Knipschildt’s Chocopologie Chocolate Truffle
- The box costs around 2600$,250 USD apiece
- One of these most expensive chocolate in India will cost you around 2 Lakh Rupees a box or 19000 Rs a piece
- La Madeline has a decadent 70% Valrhona dark chocolate, heavy cream, sugar, truffle oil and vanilla as the base for the rich decadent ganache.
A rare French Perigord truffle (a rare mushroom) is then surrounded by this rich decadent ganache; it is enrobed in Valrhona dark chocolate and then rolled in fine cocoa powder.
- The Chocolate is was the world record holder of the most expensive chocolate in the world prior to Fabelle trinity truffles extraordinaire
#4 Cadbury’s Wispa Gold Chocolate
- The Cadbury owned Wispa gold costs around 1600 USD
- One of these most expensive chocolate in India will cost you around 1,21,700 Rs
- The chocolate base is actually covered in an edible gold leaf or as Cadbury would say the chocolate has
“Tonnes of delightful tiny chocolatey bubbles, layered with golden caramel and covered in smooth Cadbury milk chocolate!”
- If you love chocolate you definitely would know about cadbury, They have been one of the leading companies in the chocolate industry and the chocolate bar did become the world most expensive chocolate bar at the time of launch
#5 Royal Collection Gold and Diamond Chocolates
- This chocolicious box is valued at 1250$
- One of these most expensive chocolates will cost you around 1 lakh rupees
- This luxury treat has 12 chocolate bars of which 8 bars are covered in 24-karat white and yellow gold and 4 bars are sparkled with 2 white diamonds
- The box is bought as premium gifts for weddings and other occasions. This box certainly makes its position in the most expensive chocolate in the world.
#6 Debauve and Gallais-Le Grand Louis XVI
- The chocolates costs around 900$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 68,000 Rs
- The company making this chocolate started in the 1800s and were the official suppliers for great french kings and even Napoleon
- With the class of dark chocolates with up to 99% cocoa the company has surely made its mark in being the most expensive chocolate in the world.
#7 Michel Cluizel Box of Assorted Treats
- The box of treats costs around 895$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 68000 Rs
- The box contains 400 hand made chocolates that can be personalized as per the customers choice.
- The Michel Cluizel family 1948 family-owned business sure make it in the list of the most expensive chocolates in the world
#8 Noka Vintages Collection
- The cost of this chocolicious box is 854$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 65000 Rs.
- These chocolates are free from any soy lecithin or vanilla and made from 75% pure cocoa beans from Ecuador, Trinidad, Venezuela, and Cote d’Ivoire
- This certainly is one of the world’s most expensive chocolate
#9 DeLafee’s gold edible chocolate
- These gold treats cost around 508$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 38,600 Rs
- The chocolates are made with some of the finest cocoa exported from Ecuador which is then coated with edible gold.
- This swiss company has made its golden mark in being one of the most expensive chocolates in the world
#10 Amedei Toscano Black Truffles in Swarovski Chocolate Box
- Truffles have dominated this list so far and this is yet another addition to it the chocolate cost 294$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 22,300 Rs
- Amedei Toscano is made with truffles and Armand de Brignac champagne, gold,and Swarovski’s luxurious and costly crystals.
- This cocktail of brilliance has made its way in being one of the world’s most costly chocolates.
#12 The Aficionado’s Collection by The House of Grauer
- This fine collection will cost you about 210$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 15,960 Rs.
- The chocolatiers use the best ingredients (Around 14 flavors) to create unique tastes. Ingredients include Turkish Star Anise, Japanese Matcha Tea, and French Organic Bee Pollen.
- If you like collecting things Aficionado’s collection should be on top of your list coz it’s sure is on our list of the most expensive chocolate in the world
- The Richart collection box will cost you 102.50$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 7,800 Rs
- This box is like a flavor rollercoaster which will give you a fruity, floral,herbal,citrusy, and spiced combination experience. The beans used in making this chocolate comes directly from Venezuela, Madagascar, and Haiti, top growers.
- Richart chocolates are certainly one of the best and most expensive chocolates in the world.
#14 Pierre Marcolini-Grand Cru
- The Grand Cru costs around 102$
- One of these most expensive chocolates in India will cost you around 7,800 Rs.
- Made from some of the best cocoa beans of Madagascar, Mexico, and Ecuador the Belgian chocolatier makes these unique chocolate collections with his unique flavor of vanilla. The chocolatier has also been awarded for his unique set of vanilla in chocolate.
#15 Vosges Haut Chocolat & Amedei Porcelana
- Both the chocolates cost 90$
- In India, they will cost you around 6,800 Rs
- Vosges Haut Chocolate is owned by Katrina Markoff. She is a unique chocolatier who has created a lot of unique flavors using ingredients that are not commonly used in making your favorite chocolate like Mexican Chili, Bacon, Ginger, and wasabi. All the chocolates are certainly unique and creative.
- Amedei Porcelana received the best dark chocolate bar award, The golden been award, and the best bean to bar honor. If you love dark chocolate this surely is the best pick for you.