Infrared thermometers have been in great demand lately due to their effective application during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Infrared thermometers can accurately measure the temperature of objects and humans from a long distance.
Based on the quality of the infrared thermometer the distance can vary.
Coronavirus spreads from human contact and while everyone was trying to get coronavirus test kits infrared thermometers acted as the first line of test.
Coronavirus symptoms involve fever and the temperature of a lot of suspected individuals had to be tested,
Imagine this if we did not have no contact infrared thermometers we would have to arrange for thousands of units of a regular thermometer.
In a way infrared thermometers have been the key element in limiting the spread of coronavirus and keeping millions of healthcare soldiers free from the infection.
The coronavirus pandemic is not going to end any time sooner which has created a rapid demand for the no contact infrared thermometers.
It is really important to buy the right IR thermometers because many people are trying to take advantage of this situation by selling poor quality and substandard IR thermometers.
So we bring you a list of the best-infrared thermometers in India, We believe that these are the top 10 infrared thermometer in India
This is not a sponsored post.
If you want to know more about infrared thermometer like
- How does an Infrared Thermometer Work?
- How to use an Infrared Thermometer?
- What to Look for When Buying Infrared Thermometers?
Then don’t worry we have got you covered.
If you want to skip directly to the list just click on this link
How does an infrared thermometer work?
The thermometer measures the temperature by using the black body radiations emitted by the object.
Infrared thermometers focus the infrared energy coming from the inserted object to a detector (thermopile) using a lens.
The detector converts the infrared energy into heat, More the energy coming from an object more is the generated heat.
The heat is further converted to electricity which tells us about the temperature of an object. The more electricity, the hotter the object is.
An infrared thermometer can not detect the temperature of all surfaces,
while calculating the temperature of an object we also need to know about its emissivity (The measure of an object’s relative ability to radiate energy, it lies between 0-1)
Most infrared thermometers are set for a particular emissivity range and can not accurately detect the temperature of other surfaces,
Even if you are getting a reading it’s not right
How to use an infrared thermometer?
It’s pretty simple, Just follow the steps
- Add batteries to the IR thermometer
- Turn on the power button
- Based on the type of infrared thermometer you have you can either adjust desired temperature units (Fahrenheit or Celsius) before or after switching the device on.
- In many thermometers there will be buttons given to select the type of surface you want to know the temperature of like body, animals, or objects.
Select the type of surface you want to check the temperature for.
Please Note :
All infrared thermometers can not detect body temperature, Some are made for industrial use or just to measure the temperature of a certain object,
Please look for the types of surface temperature that can be measured using the thermometer before buying.
- Some of the infrared thermometers also offer the feature to adjust the diameter of the region you want to check the temperature for.
- Now you are ready just pull the trigger to measure the temperature of different surfaces on the digital screen.
Take 4-5 readings and take the most concurrent reading as the right one.
- Most infrared thermometers have the feature of color code, Where they tell you if your temperature is fine or not. For reference purpose for humans
- Normal Body Temperature: 36.5–37.5 °C (97.7–99.5 °F)
- Fever Body Temperature: >37.5 or 38.3 °C (99.5 or 100.9 °F)
- Hypothermia Body Temperature: <35.0 °C (95.0 °F)
What to Look for When Buying Infrared Thermometers?
- Emissivity: Check the emissivity range for the device, The emissivity ranges from 0-1, Checking body temperature of humans require an emissivity of 0.95
More is the range better is the thermometer, but make sure it covers 0.95 if you want to check your temperature.
- Accuracy and Speed: Check the response time associated with the product, It will tell you how quickly the thermometer can measure the temperature.
Based on your purpose for buying this product the response time can be of key essence.
An adjustable emissivity feature will help you get accurate results.
- Temperature Range: A decent IR thermometer should provide a range from -15°to 315° Celsius with an accuracy of up to ± 0.5°C.
- DS Ratio: Considering the current scenario this can be one of the biggest things to look for while buying an IR thermometer.
The rate is the ratio of the size of the area being measured to the distance it can accurately measure temperature from.
For example, DS 1:5 means that to measure an area of 10 inches the maximum distance you can get an accurate reading for is 50 inches
Look for a device with a wide DS ratio
- Warranty: Infrared thermometers of every brand have been reported to be inaccurate a longer warranty should definitely be something you should look out for.
Best Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer in India 2020
|MCP Non Contact Infrared thermometer||1 Year||0.5 sec||₹4,000.00||Product Link|
|Dr Trust (USA) Forehead Non Contact Infrared Thermometer||6 Months||3 sec||₹4,990.00||Product Link|
|Sahyog Wellness Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer||1 Year||15 sec||₹3,799.00||Product Link|
|HTC Instrument MT-4 Non - Contact Infrared Thermometer||6 Months||<0.5 sec||₹7,999.00||Product Link|
|Dr. Odin Multi Function Non-Contact Infrared Thermometer||1 Year||4-5 sec||₹1,899.00||Product Link|
|Omron MC 720 Non Contact Infrared Thermometer||1 Year||1 sec||₹2,990.00||Product Link|
|Jumper JPD-FR202 Non-Touch Infrared Thermometer||1 Year||1 sec||₹4,975.00||Product Link|
|Smile Mom Non Contact Infrared Thermometer||6 Months|
|0.5 sec||₹2,494.00||Product Link|
|Mediweave HT-668/HT-666 Non-Contact Infrared (IR) Thermometer||6 Months|
|5-10 Sec||₹4,199.00||Product Link|
|Rossmax HA500 Non Contact Thermometer||2 Years||1 sec||₹3,620.00||Product Link|
Very decent product
This review is written after usage for a few days.
The product is worth the money. Otherwise checking the temperature for the kid is a message. Hardly 2 seconds and this device gets the temperature.
First on the list is infrared forehead thermometer by Medicare Products Inc (MCP), The product offers a pediatrician recommended hospital-grade quality infrared thermometer.
The product is well known for its high precision and premium gun style design. The product is well-liked by its buyers for being easy to use, The product has a smart color coding and sound alarm system that tells you when the temperature is not normal.
The product is color coded to detect abnormal temperatures of babies, Green-Yellow-Red represents the severity of the fever in babies. It is a multipurpose thermometer and can be used to check the temperature of objects also.
The device shuts off automatically if not used for 7 secs which makes the battery live longer, It also comes with a 1 year warranty. All features combined it definitely is the best infrared thermometer in India
- Measuring time ≤ 0.5 seconds
- Distance: 50mm－100mm
- Emissivity: 0.95
- Extremely Easy To Operate. Auto Power Shut Off In 7 Seconds Without Any Operation
- Low Battery Consumption
- Can store 32 sets of measurement data
- Back-lit LCD Screen
- Available with two temperature modes – °F/ °C
- Sound alarm in case of excess temperature
- Range of measurement: Body Temperature 32.0°C ~ 42.0°C (89.6 ~ 107.6°F) Surface temperature 0°C ~ 110°C (32.0 ~ 230.0°F)
- Measurement error Normal temperature: ≤ ± 0.3°C
Value for Money
This product has all the advantages packed in one item… It is very convenient to use especially for kids below 5 years old , hygienic and very accurate… Completely satisfied with the product and the product is worth the money… Thank you
Dr Trust is a name that requires no introduction in the medical device industry,Dr Trust is a medical device giant known for its superior quality and state of the art technology
The thermometer has been designed to be very easy to use, The unique feature is the 2 colored coded backlight that makes it easier to understand if the person is having normal temperature or having a fever.
It is suitable for all ages and can also be used to accurately measure temperatures of different surfaces. People always praise the customer support received by them post product purchase.
With a touch of elegant look this signature infrared thermometer definitely comes among the best infrared thermometers in India.
- Instant Results within 3 Seconds
- Measurement rangeBody 34 C to 42 C,Object 0 C to 100 F
- Temperature: 2 color coded backlight:
- Large LCD screen, color coded backlight
- 30 results memory
- Dual mode: Person/Object mode, measures in both Celsius and Fahrenheit.
- Fever alarm in case of excess temperature and red color Lcd backlight will show
- Comes with six months Warranty from date of invoice generation for free by registering on manufacturer website within 15 days
Accurate and easy to use
Good fast and accurate , easy to use n bright display .. worth the money ..used it for over a month now .. need to remove the black top cover if u want to insert into ear so can use both ways
Sahyog Wellness is an Indian brand of Infrared Thermometer, Sahyog wellness is a trusted brand in owned by Dr. Harish Khurana. Sahyog Wellness has gained quite the popularity for its good quality products in India.
Its ergonomic design makes it a people’s favorite device, It can measure the temperature from 0°C to 100°C and also works accurately on objects.
The thermometer gives an Alarm sound when the body temperature rises above 37.5 °C. This Indian brand infrared thermometer certainly makes its entry into the best infrared thermometer in India.
- Measurement – Measurement time interval is 15 seconds
- Measurement distance is within 5-8cm.
- Accuracy: ±0. 4˚F
- it can measure the temperature from 0 to 100 degrees Celsius. (32.0 °Fahrenheit)
- Memory function – It stores up to 1 set of recent measurement data
- The power turns off automatically when left idle for 60 seconds.
- Thermometer gives an Alarm sound when body temperature is above 37.5 °C
- 1 Year Warranty
Very nice product which serves its purpose.
It is very easy to use. A carry case is also provided with the product which is quite nice and provide good protection to the product. looks quite accurate as per various readings on different items like freezer, fridge, gas range, and room temperature.
It provides instant reading on display and if directed to a different temperature zone it quickly adjusts to it with in 10-15 secs which is not bad.
Hope this review helps.
HTC instrument is India’s leading manufacturer of industrial products which has been supplying to the Government & private sectors.HTC instrument is know for making industrial grade equipment.
HTC instrument’s MT4 infrared thermometer is one of the most accurate IR thermometers out there, This gun modelled thermometer has an ergonomic handle and a wide LCD screen.
The product comes with a 6 month warranty period with a quick response rate of less than 0.5 sec. The product’s accuracy,precision and speed definitely gives it a spot on the best infrared thermometer in India.
- Temperature Range: -30 degree Celsius ~ 550 degree Celsius
- Accuracy ± 2.0 percent +2 degree Celsius
- Distance Spot Ratio: 12 : 1
- emissivity, fixed at 0.95
- Response Time: 0.5 sec
- Repeatability: ±1 percent or ± 1 degree Celsius
- Resolution: 0.1 degree Celsius
- A degree Celsius or A degree Fahrenheit selection laser target pointer selection data hold function auto power-off backlight.
Nitin K Sasidharan
The review after a month of extensive usage.
Accuracy: Very good (compared with an other product and this one was dead on) (took multiple readings at any given instance)
Price: On the higher side but seems worth it at the present market conditions in India (2019)
Such thermometers are hit or miss. Any manufacturing issue, and it is a piece of Junk. Otherwise a must have, especially if you have kids.
Dr.Odin is a name one can not miss in the medical device industry, The brand has emerged as a leader in the medical device space and offers its users a security of trust and good customer care service.
The infrared thermometer has an ergonomic design for good grip and correct measurements. With a large LCD display and a color coded screen this device can store and recall up to 20 readings.
This thermometer is a professional medical equipment recommended by doctors and pediatricians. With this non-contact thermometer you will get the reading within a second. This multipurpose device certainly is one of the best infrared thermometer in India
- Body Temperature: 32°C-42.2°C, Object Temperature: 0°C-100°C
- Non-contact detection (0.5-2.0 inches)
- Body or object temperature detection
- Display temperature reading in 1 second
- Three color LCD Display
- 20 Reading Memory
- Large LCD display
Before this, I had a local digitised thermometer which was very good, it worked for a year and a half without any battery replacement.
I need to have thermometer regularly at my home because of a condition that requires me to check my body temperature almost everyday.
It was a little hard to adjust the temperature settings from C to F, Infact, I had to watch a YouTube video to do it but now it’s fine. Awesome product!
Hope this one works too for a year or more without battery replacement.
Next on the list is Omron MC 720, Omron is a 1933 established japanese company which is by far one of the most trusted brands in the medical device community. Omron is known for their innovative approach and robust design.
The Omron MC 720 is a 3 in 1 measurement device that can accurately measure Forehead,Surface and Room Temperature with a measuring distance of 1-3 cm. The device is easy to use and comes with a large LCD display.
The response rate of this IR thermometer is 1 second and if the temperature is more than 42.2°C temperature the screen shows “Hi” and if lower than 34°C the screen shows “Lo”.This user friendly device is certainly one of the best IR thermometer in India
- 1 Second quick measurement
- Features: 3 in 1 measurement- Forehead /Surface/Room Temperature
- If the result is higher than 42.2°C (108.0°F), “Hi” appears on the display. If the result is lower than 34.0°C (93.2°F), “Lo” appears on the display.
- Both Fahrenheit and Celsius available
- 1-year warranty
- Along with the current reading Last reading is also displayed on the screen
5.0 out of 5 stars ACCURATE AND QUICK RESULTS!
This thermometer is accurate and fast, I should of purchased one from the get go, my regular thermometer makes it difficult to get my 6 month olds temperature but this one makes it easy peasy! I would be waiting for a long time to get his temperature and sometimes never finished because it took so long with the regular thermometer. This is now my go to thermometer and by far my favorite, do yourself a favor and get this to save yourself the time. It also comes with a bag to carry it around in to make it easy to travel with.
Jumper is a 1998 established Chinese medical manufacturing company known for its through R&D and specializes in intelligent maternal and child information systems and medical devices.
The JPD-FR202 measures the human body or an object temperature with an easy one-button operation system and easy to read backlight display. This device is safe for newborns.
The device comes with a fever alarm technology and can recall up to 20 readings. You can have this easy to use IR thermometer with a 1-year warranty. Jumper is sure to be one of the best IR thermometers in India.
- One button operation
- Easy to read backlight display
- Automatic off after 60 seconds.
- Reads available in °C and °F
- Once the baby thermometer detects high temperature it will give an alarm.
- Clinically tested to be safe for newborns for forehead mode
- Thermometer can store and recall up to 20 readings for baby and adults
- 100% customer service and 12 months warranty.
Exactly what I needed. A very useful tool I should say to have in any home / office. Gives accurate temperature and very good quality. Handy n Quite useful in this crucial time
The AICARE A66 by Smile Mom is one of the most cheap infrared thermometers in India, The device is easy to use and is designed for all ages.
The device is a good buy which come with a clear LED Digital Screen and large operating buttons.The device can show you temperature in just 0.5 Sec with a ±0.2°C
This ergonomically designed, simple and generous device is one of the best infrared thermometers in India.
- Measuring distance: 5.0 CM -10.0 CM
- Easily switch between °C and °F
- It is designed for all ages
- Measure body temperature within 0.5 seconds
- Accuracy of ±0.2°C(0.4°F)
- Fever alarm Automatic alarm at ≥38ºC
- 32 groups of memory storage which makes it simple and practical
- Ergonomic design, simple and generous appearance
- Automatic shutdown function, do not operate within 20 seconds automatic shutdown
Product is actually decent , except that it does not indicate battery correctly. Unlike other products , it can display surface temperature. Lot of folks buy it for conditions outside of home and as per manual this product working range is 100 degree
The HT-668/HT-666 is a Industrial grade non-contact infrared thermometer which can accurately measure body,object and room temperature within a distance of 5-10 cm.
Temperature can be measured in celsius and fahrenheit. The device has a storage capacity of 32 readings. The thermometer is easy to use and is equipped with a color coded display which can detect abnormal body temperatures.
The device is equipped with intelligent fever alarm system.This power saving device certainly is one of the best infrared thermometer in India
- Distance covered: 5-10 cm
- Can measure body as well as object/room temperature
- Temperature can be measured in ˚C / ˚F
- Storage Capacity of 32 readings
- Three backlight to alert temperatures – Green (34.8 – 36.3°C), Yellow (36.0 – 37.4°C) and Red (37.5 – 42.4°C)
- Intelligent fever alarm for temperature above 37.5°C
- Auto switch off if it remains idle reducing battery power consumption
It is good and fast enough to read the temperature
It is good and fast enough to read the temperature. But you need to develop a skill to get consistent readings! Surprisingly, with one patient, as an exception, it showed a difference of ~1 degF, between the left and right temples, consistently through out the period for which the fever existed. The patient’s left side temperature was almost same as the one measured under the tongue using the regular mercury thermometer!
Rossmax is a 1988 based Chinese medical device company, with the rich heritage of trust the company’s consumers are always at ease.
The HA500 is an easy to use single button operated infrared thermometer. The device can accurately measure temperature within a second.
The thermometer can store up to 9 readings. The sleek designed IR thermometer is the only thermometer on this list that comes with a 2-year warranty. The Rossmax HA 500 is certainly one of the best IR thermometer in India
- Backlight and forehead temperature measurement
- Celsius to Fahrenheit switch ability
- 1-second measurement
- Store up to 9 readings
- 2 years warranty
- Well-lit backlight with an auto shut-off feature
Demand for infrared thermometers around the world has increased 3 folds during the coronavirus pandemic.
Perhaps now more than ever we have realized the importance of social distancing and technology like infrared thermometers that have helped us deal with the new normal.
But even in this chaos people are trying to sell sub-standard quality products in the market and make money out of it, So stay safe and stay alert of fake products.
We at ShopSessed are always with you